Hello all! Happy Monday! Last Monday was spent having some Vietnamese with my friend Una, who I actually featured on the blog several months ago (Tea with Una). I was loving my dress, so I handed the camera to her to snap a few.
Are you familiar with Gwynnie Bee? It’s a clothing subscription service that I discovered several months ago. You basically create an account and start putting things in your online closet. You have to have at least six items in there for them to send you a package. Once you do, based on what you have, they will send you an amount of items ranging from 1-10 depending on your plan. So it’s simple … only put things in your closet that you think you’d like and you’ll be pleased every time. Also just to note, Gwynnie Bee is only for sizes 10-32. Some of the dresses come in medium, which is how it has been able to work for me. I excitedly signed up and then read that later. I’m normally a size 6-8.
As we all know, I love dresses. So currently my online closet is full of 15 dresses. My next one is in the mail! Here is what last week’s looked like:
Also, I was nominated by Sarah from Bows and Clothes for a Liebster Award. Basically, bloggers nominate each other and you answer questions. I was honored to be picked by Sarah! Here are my answers to her questions:
1. What do you like to do in your free time?
Between working a full-time job, a part-time weekend job and blogging, I’m often not left with much free time. I do like to hang out with friends and practice speaking Spanish. I also dabble in a little improv comedy.
2. What is your dream vacation?
My dream vacation is a year worth of traveling the entire world and visiting as many countries as I can. Yet rather than staying in hotels the entire time, I’d spend a lot of my time staying with natives. Getting to know people from other countries is the best way to learn about the world.
3. What is the worst movie/book you have seen/read?
is a pretty classically bad movie that I watched with my improv troupe. It’s ridiculous and if anyone is ever having a bad movie night, it should be at the top of your list. Just go watch that preview I linked above.
4. Why do you blog?
In the fall, one of my friends told me I should blog about all the dresses I wear. I have always been a writer and have dreamt about a more flexible source of income. So here I am.
5. What is your least favorite food?
6. What is your favorite season?
Oh the summer for sure. I’m a very social person, so I love how everyone is out and about in the summer. And of course I love the warmth.
7. What is your favorite blog?
8. If you had a million dollars, what would you do with it and why?
I would invest it in a business that would employ women seamstresses around the world in an ethical way to make dresses. The dresses would be sold online and possibly in boutiques. I’d take the rest of the money and travel.
9. What is your favorite song and why?
This one. Really? There are too many to choose from. I’ve been listening to a lot of Lana Del Ray recently. I find the song Ride
to be fascinating.
10. What is your biggest blogging mistake?
Not discovering the blogging community quick enough! It’s funny how Sarah came into my life. I participated in Dressember and was tweeting about it. Sarah started liking and retweeting my stuff. I check out her blog and found out that she was participating in Dressember. I was excited, so I reached out to her.
I noticed that she participated in link-ups and thought “what’s that?” Once I discovered what they were, I was like “why not?” Now I read a lot of other blogs and often get inspiration from my fellow bloggers!
11. What is your favorite kind of cake?
Here in Cincinnati we have a bakery that makes this chocolate and icing layered cake called an Opera Cream cake. It’s amazing.
The Liebster Award guidelines are as follows:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to them.
- Answer the questions given to you by the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate up to 11 bloggers.
- Give the nominees 11 questions to answer on their blog.
- Let them know you nominated them.
Here are your 11 questions:
- What inspired you to blog?
- What message do you want your blog to tell the world?
- What do you plan to do to stand out and be different?
- What makes you laugh the most?
- Who shoots your photos?
- If you could only have one accessory, what would it be?
- Favorite color?
- What’s an average day look like for you?
- Where do you want to take your blog?
- Dogs 0r cats?
- What would you do with a million dollars?
Dress: Leota, also can be found at Zulily here
Necklace: vintage jewelry from my grandma
Jacket: H&M similar
Also, this beautiful Catholic Church was on our walk. We of course had to snap a few photos!
Also I’m linking up with: Doused in Pink, Jersey Girl Texan Heart and Elegance and Mommyhood